05 8 / 2012
"So I asked [Ralph Nader] if he had ever considered getting married. He said that at a certain point he had to decide whether to have a family or to have a career, that he couldn’t have both. That’s the kind of person he is. He couldn’t have a wife — he’s up all night reading the Congressional Record."
Karen Croft, recalling her time as a writer who worked for Nader in the 1970s [Mother Jones]
You may not like the way it’s framed - he’s doing Important Activist Work - and not being called a selfish ball-buster (like women are) but it’s refreshing to hear a male admit that maybe a family might get in the way of his career.
- fatwasandfanboys likes this
- affably reblogged this from msavignon
- underthefoldingbranches likes this
- heymikewaskom likes this
- douglasmartini likes this
- nachodiet likes this
- rubenfeld likes this
- thehighshelf said: And that being a husband and father isn’t something you should do if you won’t do the work required to be any fucking good at it.
- thehighshelf likes this
- wfb likes this
- redlightpolitics likes this
- federov likes this
- msavignon posted this