Speaking of meal plans: taste-wise, my dad never grew past the age of nine, I think.
- LAST NIGHT:
- Dad (spooning sauteed broccoli off his plate and onto my mother's): Will you take this green shit, please?
- Me, via e-mail: Is it OK if we eat kinda late? I was hoping to let the brisket rest before we ate it tonight.
- Dad: Let the brisket rest?
- Me: Yeah. You know, let the sauce chill so I can scrape the fat off, and let the meat marinate in the fridge a bit before reheating. It makes a difference, trust me.
- Dad: I know, I know. Let the wine breathe and sing to the potatoes, too.
- AT LE BERNARDIN, PER SE, OR ANY OTHER FANCY RESTAURANT HE OCCASIONALLY IS FORCED TO GO OUT TO:
- Dad: This sucks. I want a fucking cheeseburger.
adjective • having badly shaped or ugly buttocks.
cf.: callipygian, having well-shaped buttocks, and dasypygal, having hairy buttocks.
"You are beautiful but you are empty. One could not die for you."
Antoine de Saint Exupéry, The Little Prince